Webinar Series: Nine Steps to PDPM
October 1, 2019 will be a significant day for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) across the country. On this date, the new Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) will go into effect. SNFs of all sizes and scopes must prepare for these changes, and doing so will take a well-organized and deliberate plan of attack. Richter has developed that plan for you.
Richter’s “Nine Steps to PDPM” webinar series will provide SNF facilities with the vital knowledge they need in this new landscape, and it will highlight the path needed to ensure compliance and efficiency. Each month, a new webinar will be presented on a PDPM-related topic ranging from clinical applications to financial implications. SNF facility representatives can attend each webinar (or watch the recording) to gain insight on that PDPM topic. Following the webinar, facility representatives can take what they learned and apply it within their facility. This same process will repeat monthly as new and important PDPM-related information is presented. The monthly format of this webinar series provides ample time and space to help participants absorb manageable pieces of information. This systematic approach will decrease staff stress and help them retain more of what they learned.
Incorporating Restorative Nursing Into PDPM
Tuesday, June 25, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EST
Participants will be able to:
- Recognize the definition of restorative nursing
- List three requirements of a restorative nursing program
- Name four types of restorative nursing programs
- Distinguish when restorative programs should start under PDPM
- 6 Steps to Reduce Harm in Nursing HomesIn December 2018, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs) released the All Cause Harm Prevention in Nursing Homes Change Package, which was developed as a means to help prevent harm (i.e., adverse events, abuse, and neglect) for nursing home residents. The intended audience of this piece […]
- Understanding How Functional Score Works Under PDPMIn 1775, the chant of the day was “The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!” Fast-forward to 2019 and in the realm of skilled nursing providers, the popular refrain is “PDPM is coming! PDPM is coming!”
- Understanding Diagnosis Coding Under the New Payment Driven Patient Care (PDPM) ModelThe new Medicare fee-for-service reimbursement model known as Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) will drastically change how reimbursement will be determined. In the past, the Resource Utilization Groups (RUG-IV) have determined reimbursement, in which the amount of therapy a resident received played a significant part in the amount of reimbursement the facility received for that […]