Find all the latest news in one easily accessible place: Richter ShareSource
Keeping up with industry insights, educational resources and regulatory updates may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. With ShareSource from Richter Healthcare, we’ll have the latest news and events that affect our clients in one easily accessible place.
Richter Healthcare Consultants maintains affiliations with the industry’s leading professional and trade organizations. Our leadership team remains on the forefront of news and events, offering speaking engagements and authoring insightful articles and posts that deliver innovative solutions to senior care providers. From compliance to cash flow, you’ll find the news you need in ShareSource.
- Understanding Diagnosis Coding Under the New Payment Driven Patient Care (PDPM) ModelThe new Medicare fee-for-service reimbursement model known as Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) will drastically change how reimbursement will be determined. In the past, the Resource Utilization Groups (RUG-IV) have determined reimbursement, in which the amount of therapy a resident received played a significant part in the amount of reimbursement the facility received for that […]
- Tips on Choosing Diagnoses for the LTPAC Resident StayTrepidation, fear and confusion have all been experienced by minimum data set (MDS) coordinators and staff alike at various long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) facilities regarding selecting and/or having to code diagnosis for residents—especially upon admission. Some common questions include: “What do I choose?” “How do I know if it is the correct primary or admitting […]
- Understanding the CMS Requirements of Participation Past and FutureNote: This is the first blog in our multi-part blog series on the CMS Requirements of Participation. Did you know that one in three long-term post-acute care (LTPAC) residents is harmed by an adverse event within 35 days of their stay? Indeed, it is true, and the statistics from the Office of Inspector General don’t […]
- Seeing the Connection Between Phase 3 Requirement of Participation and Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI)Note: This is the third blog in our multi-part blog series on the CMS Requirements of Participation. Nov. 28, 2019 is quickly approaching, and with that will come Phase 3 of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS’) Requirements of Participation. As part of this, a fully integrated QAPI program will be required on […]
- The Role of Trauma-Informed Care in Phase 3 Requirement of ParticipationNote: This is the second blog in our multi-part blog series on the CMS Requirements of Participation. Individual trauma is an experience (or series of circumstances, events or occurrences) that an individual considers emotionally, physically or socially threatening or harmful and that has a long-term negative impact on the individual’s emotional, physical and/or social well-being. […]