Find all the latest news in one easily accessible place: Richter ShareSource
Keeping up with industry insights, educational resources and regulatory updates may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. With ShareSource from Richter Healthcare, we’ll have the latest news and events that affect our clients in one easily accessible place.
Richter Healthcare Consultants maintains affiliations with the industry’s leading professional and trade organizations. Our leadership team remains on the forefront of news and events, offering speaking engagements and authoring insightful articles and posts that deliver innovative solutions to senior care providers. From compliance to cash flow, you’ll find the news you need in ShareSource.
- Effective April 1, 2020 the ICD-10 code for COVID-19 is U07.1 | RichterIMPORTANT: This code is NOT retroactive. If you have a resident/patient with COVID-9 prior to Aril 1, 2019 please see the guidance below.
- Court’s “Observation Status” Designation Decision | Medicare Consulting Services | RichterIn a groundbreaking decision, a federal appeals court ruled that certain hospital patients now have the right to appeal “observation status” designations and potentially change their hospital observation status to inpatient status. This, in turn, could save patients large out-of-pocket expenses, streamline their ability to access Medicare-covered long-term care services and increase demand for those […]
- CDC Updated Adult Immunization ScheduleCDC Approves Updated Adult Immunization Schedule – What You Need to Know In late 2019, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted to approve the Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule for Ages 19 Years or Older for the U.S. beginning in 2020. The CDC vaccine schedule summarizes the […]
- COVID-19 Reported in Washington Long-Term Care Facility. Preparation is keyThe first case of COVID-19 in a nursing home was identified this weekend in Washington state, when a resident and health care worker tested presumptive-positive. All SNF’s should ready themselves for a possible outbreak in their facility and/or their community. This will include planning, surveillance, staffing, and logistics. Make sure your facility and staff are […]
- Down to the Wire: Preparing for Windows 7 End of LifeIt’s the ninth inning…the last minute of play in the third period…we have 30 seconds left in the fourth quarter… Hopefully, these sports analogies speak for themselves—we don’t have much time left to deal with and prepare for Windows 7 “end of life.” In January 2020, Microsoft, the maker of the Windows 7 operating system, […]