Find all the latest news in one easily accessible place: Richter ShareSource
Keeping up with industry insights, educational resources and regulatory updates may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. With ShareSource from Richter Healthcare, we’ll have the latest news and events that affect our clients in one easily accessible place.
Richter Healthcare Consultants maintains affiliations with the industry’s leading professional and trade organizations. Our leadership team remains on the forefront of news and events, offering speaking engagements and authoring insightful articles and posts that deliver innovative solutions to senior care providers. From compliance to cash flow, you’ll find the news you need in ShareSource.
- RICHTER APPOINTS KENNETH VOLL, RHIT, AS DIRECTOR OF REVENUE CYCLE MANAGEMENTRichter is pleased to announce the appointment of Kenneth Voll, RHIT, as Director of Revenue Cycle Management. In this position, Ken is responsible for overseeing Richter’s global revenue cycle management process and evaluating its impact on clients and staff through process improvement, relationship management and revenue cycle metrics. Richter’s customized revenue cycle management solutions are […]
- How the New Medicare-Medicaid Crossover Change Will Affect Your LTPAC’s Financial StatementsThis past April, the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS) issued guidance on how crossover bad debts are to be recorded within the income statement. Typically, these amounts are written off to a contractual allowance revenue account. With this new guidance, these unpaid amounts for Medicare-Medicaid crossover claims must correctly be classified to a […]
- 6 Steps to Reduce Harm in Nursing HomesIn December 2018, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Medicare Quality Innovation Network-Quality Improvement Organizations (QIN-QIOs) released the All Cause Harm Prevention in Nursing Homes Change Package, which was developed as a means to help prevent harm (i.e., adverse events, abuse, and neglect) for nursing home residents. The intended audience of this piece […]
- Understanding How Functional Score Works Under PDPMIn 1775, the chant of the day was “The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!” Fast-forward to 2019 and in the realm of skilled nursing providers, the popular refrain is “PDPM is coming! PDPM is coming!”
- Understanding Diagnosis Coding Under the New Payment Driven Patient Care (PDPM) ModelThe new Medicare fee-for-service reimbursement model known as Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) will drastically change how reimbursement will be determined. In the past, the Resource Utilization Groups (RUG-IV) have determined reimbursement, in which the amount of therapy a resident received played a significant part in the amount of reimbursement the facility received for that […]