Cash Posting Specialist
Position: Cash Posting Specialist
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Manager
Status: Full-time: Non Exempt
The Cash Posting Specialist is part of the Revenue Cycle process team. He/she facilitates the Richter policies and procedures to affect the accurate and timely billing and collection process of client revenue.
Richter Healthcare Consultants’ culture calls for superior customer service, great working relationships with coworkers and a commitment to team problem solving and solutions.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Data Entry
- Cash Management
- Entry and posting of electronic remittances
- Entry and posting of live client deposits
- Maintenance of deposit records
- Month end reconciliation of deposits to bank statement
- Payor Setup Review (As Needed)
- Reviews payor trees in PCC bi-monthly
- Accesses client PCC database
- Reviews all payor trees for proper setup (coinsurance, patient liability, etc.)
- Makes corrections as needed or notifies client of corrections needed
- Ancillaries (As Needed)
- Data entry
- Accesses appropriate avenue to retrieve ancillary related files for clients: FTP, fax, secure email
- Tracks receipt of ancillaries
- Notifies client of missing ancillaries
- Distributes ancillaries for support staff processing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- 2 years prior experience in Medical Cash Posting and or Collections, preferred
- Possess strong organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to work with and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of debits and credits, required
- Electronic payment posting, required
- General knowledge of accounts receivable processes, required
- Dependable and able to work independently
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail and best practice as it relates to client data
- Must possess basic computer literacy skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word
Why should you choose Richter?
- We offer a competitive starting salary based on experience with excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays and more!
- We are an industry leader in the post-acute care consulting sector including SNF, CCRC, Home Health and Hospice
- With our continued growth, you will have the opportunity to advance both your skill set and your career journey
- We promote from within!
- You will be provided on-going training and opportunities to expand your skill set that will increase your earning potential
- We offer a team-oriented environment and have created an atmosphere where our employees enjoy coming to work. Our turnover rate is low! A high number of our employees have been with us more than 5 and 10 years
Richter Healthcare Consultants is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis “protected class” including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.